Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The house of sticks collapses

I am reaching my limit for living out of  a suitcase. Each day I wake up and rustle through my pile of wrinkled clothes for something half-way decent to wear. Although, why do I care what I look like? I could wear anything I guess.

My bed is nestled between boxes. I cleared a small path so I can squeeze through to reach it. That's what happens when you insulate your attic, and lose all storage space, while simultaneously having two grown children move all of their belongings back into your house.

The surest path to insanity is disorganization. So although I no longer need to pay $2.95 for this 8oz latte to give me internet access, I am now paying $2.95 for this latte to give me a little sanity. Sanity in the form of a clean open space where I can walk without tripping.

And today is even blustery and rainy. Though as I was sitting at a red light, nice and crabby, I watched a woman biking through the rain with her grocery bags in tow. She flashed me a kind smile as I backed my car up to let her pass. Now if she is smiling, how can I complain?

"For these light and momentary trials are achieving for us a glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17

No comments: