Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Greeting Card Failures

These types of cards are the reason that the greeting card section of thrift stores is my absolute favorite to browse.

I'm sure the "new wife" loves being reminded that she's not really a part of the family, just attempt #2. 

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that using the saying "Here's hoping" is not a wise choice in a card about a second marriage. 

The writer of this card has either run out of all creativity, or has an awesome sense of sarcasm about the messages in greeting cards. 

Just wanted to make sure the recipient knew that thinking of you is not terrible, but not really that awesome either. 



Not sure if the people on the cover are two women, or a man with a really overgrown mullet. Either way, it doesn't matter because "it's your day" so you can do whatever the heck you want. 




















More to come as I find them. Unfortunately I failed to buy the Baby Announcement greeting card set that said: 

Front: "Before - we talked of love. Now - words are nothing."
Inside: "Thank you, Lord for giving our love life..."

All I have to say about that card is... wow, wow, wow. I don't know about you, but the message I'm gathering from this card is "we are really enjoying the sex life that God has given us and we want everyone to know that it's fruitful." WAY too much information. There definitely should have been a comma after "love" on the inside of the card.

No comments: